The Daisy

The Daisy
My favorite flower!

Monday, February 9, 2009

Germs!

So these past couple of weeks we've been fighting colds, bronchitis, ear infections (ruptured eardrum), and sinus infections! Yeah, not fun. I've lost count on how many times I've been thrown up on, loads of laundry I've done, visits to the doctor, and schedules I've had to rearrange because I have a sick child at home.

This past week Hannah came down with a fever that didn't want to go away, so we (Me, Rowan, and Hannah) went in to see the doctor. Hannah was convinced that something was seriously wrong with her. According to her she was "very sick". We found out it was a sinus infection. When it was our turn to go in and see the doctor, then nurse came out and got us. We followed her back to get Hannah's vitals and wait for the doctor. The nurse asked Hannah what was wrong and Rowan took it upon himself to let her know what was going on. He told her very simply, " Hannah has germs." Coming from a 3 year old, I think that's very well put! :)

When ever the kids ask why they have to wash their hands, we've told them so they don't get a bug and get sick. Rowan believes that whenever he is feeling sick he has bugs in his body, very specifically, he has ants in his body. But apparently only he gets ants, the rest of us have germs!

4 comments:

Sharlee said...

Can't you just wait for summer when you can go for months with out even a sniffle? I hate being sick but I hate it even more when my kids are!

Melissa said...

I'm so sorry that you've had so much sickness in your home. I was wondering where your family was yesterday. I hope everyone gets better quickly!

tracyb said...

Ugh--that's the worst! Hope everyone gets better soon.

Carrie said...

It is that time of year! We hate germs at out house too! I have discovered that Airborne really works or at least tricks me into thinking I am feeling better. I also had to tell you, (I had my tonsils out like you did...no fun) that after 2 years of being strep free I got it some how over Christmas break..I was so mad!!! I thought it was next to impossible to get it without tonsils! :)