The Daisy

The Daisy
My favorite flower!

Saturday, August 21, 2010

White Sands National Park




White Sands is as close to a "beach" as New Mexico will ever get. But I must say it is a lot of fun! Going there when I was in college was quite the experience. Especially when we would go on a Full Moon night. The sand just glows! While driving from my parents home in Roswell to Las Cruces I was hoping there would be just enough of the sand on the highway side of the fence so that I could show my kiddos, but not wanting to spend a long time there. We were lucky enough to see that the sands had shifted not only a little but a lot. Enough to cover the fence! So we stopped and played for a few minutes. But man it was hot and soooo bright!

Trying to keep our eyes open against the glaring sun!
The Ocean has got to be here somewhere!!
Couldn't keep my eyes open!

This is the fence, keeping us law breakers out. sigh.... I promise I do teach my kids to obey the law! We stayed right by the fence!
Next time we'll go in and get disks to slide down the dunes! The kids loved it!

No comments: