The Daisy

The Daisy
My favorite flower!

Friday, January 16, 2009

Our Awesome Starfish!

So while we were having so much fun on the beach in mid January in Charleston, SC, Jeff found a starfish. The kids and I have never seen one in the "wild" so it was a really cool experience for us. Jeff picked it up and showed us the underneath, the little jelly like fingers are really awesome. Then all the kids took turns touch it. They wanted to bring it home with us. I touched and picked it up too! I have a "thing" about snakes and other critters so it was a little weird at first for me, but I did it! It was awesome!
Ian wasn't nearly as nervous about touching it as I was. Now that I think about it, I think I was the only one a little apprehensive about touching it.


Big brave dad!


It really was so cool!





1 comment:

Pam said...

Fun! Those starfish are interesting creatures. We found a HUGE one on the Oregon Coast last summer...and I mean HUGE. My kids loved it, and the crabs, and the clams, and all the little creatures.